Medisave Dental Claims
Smilepoint Dental Centre at Holland Village is a CPF medisave approved dental clinic. In many other dental clinics, they collect the full cash amount before processing the claim. At Smilepoint, we try to simplify the process so that the patient does not need to come up with cash upfront.
To do this, we need the documents below at the time of/before of surgery:
1) Original NRIC of patient – needs to be sighted by witness/clinic staff
2) Original NRIC of Medisave account holder (spouse, children, parents, grandparents). However, in the case of grandparents, they must be either Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (if the medisave account holder is not the patient, proof of their relationship i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate is required).
3) Statement of account of the Medisave account holder (sufficient balance required)
You can also print out this form from the CPF website using your SINGPASS. Log onto your account on the website, www.cpf.gov.sg. You can also go to any of the CPF offices to request a printout.
- Printout should be dated within 1 month of the surgery
- Printout should show clearly the IC number, name of the Medisave account holder & the current Medisave account balance
- Soft copies in thumbdrive, CDs are NOT ACCEPTED
- Emails on the day of surgery are also not accepted. Emails need to be sent 1 week before the surgery date to allow our business office time to verify the account. There is no available internet access in the clinic.
To ensure the privacy of patients, Smilepoint will not go into patient’s account to check the balance.
After the claim is submitted, The CPF board will write to the Medisave account holder with the total amount that has been deducted from the Medisave account.
If the patient does not submit the above documents before the surgery, the full payment will need to be paid in Cash or Nets.
Documents will then need to be submitted within 5 working days to allow the use of Medisave. In this instance, the money can only be refunded in 3 weeks after Medisave approval & banking clearance. All monies can only be refunded in the form of a crossed cheque to the Medisave account holder’s name and need to be collected & signed for in person.